One year further on

It's hard to believe that it has been a year since my last post. Not that it hasn't happened before, but still...

2022 was a busy year, starting with the decluttering bug, followed by life happenings within the family, a summer of painting house, inside and out, and a house sale just before Christmas, among other things. In the new year (2023), we moved, birds and all, from chilly PG to temperate Vancouver Island, where the hummingbirds were already flitting about in February (Prince George still had mounds of snow). 

Amongst all of that busy-ness, I managed to finish one puppet and begin another before we moved, leaving me just one more to make to complete the requirements for the Academy. Most of my progress pictures, plus a few short videos, were posted on Instagram (@amlawrie), as it is quicker and easier to post there than here. 

This is goat, before she was assembled.
And this is Tomba, finished at our new home.








I also signed up for the mastermind program put on by Bernd Ogrodnik's Worlds of Puppets. It is challenging me to think seriously about my arts practice and what I want to achieve in that practice. As I look for a new job in our new town, I am also looking at possibilities of turning what I most enjoy doing into a vocation. I'm still at the beginning stages of considering what might be possible, but am curious to see where my thoughts will lead me. 

Only time will tell.


Comments