Quite the Ride and another day at Omineca

 As you walk further along the right-hand wall in my Life in Stitches exhibition at Omineca Arts Centre, you come upon the fellow shown below. I wrote about his creation in November 2019.

   

Quite the Ride (2019)
14” x 6” x 11.5”. Mixed media soft sculpture.

One day, a few years ago, I stopped at an intersection and had a fellow on a unicycle pull up next to me. He was pushing a stroller and multi-tasking and became the inspiration for this soft sculpture.

 

 

This year was quite the ride, as well. So many stories will come out of it and we'll be reflecting on it for some time to come.

 

Today's residency went well. A number of people came to see the exhibition - well spaced-out, thankfully, so nobody had to wait outside (there is a maximum of 6 visitors allowed into the space during studio hours). I have a few postcards on the go, and hung the January 1st one up just before I left:

 

 

Each year starts as a blank book or empty canvas. We list our hopes and dreams and then see what comes to pass. The end of the year is the time for reflection - what stories have come out of 2020 for you? 

 

Remember, there is still time to sign up for my Stitch Your Story Workshop. It will take place via Zoom on December 19, from 1 - 4pm PST. If you are in Prince George, I have a kit of supplies that you can pick up next Friday afternoon. If you live elsewhere, I can send you a supply list. There are still a few spots left in the workshop.

 


 

 

 

Comments