When the end is just the beginning

Well, she took a while to come together, but she's finally ready to walk. Tante is a table-top puppet in the style created by Bernd Ogrodnik at https://worldsofpuppets.com. While the mechanics and techniques used are his, the character design and costume are mine. I've really enjoyed the fact that Bernd has encouraged us to change his designs to make our puppets more unique. No two puppets produced in the course have looked alike, even though we were all given the same plans and instructions.


 

Tante will eventually become part of a small puppet show I hope to create. For now, she and I have to get to know one another. "We" tried walking today and I realized that much more practice will be needed before we are both proficient. However, those first steps were very exciting and are a sign of more fun steps in the future.

The year of puppets, after 14 months, has officially come to an end. I say "officially", as there are no more modules to be released and our Facebook group will be archived after this month. However, I still have a couple more puppets to build, from Modules 7 & 8. Good thing the Teachable.com platform will be accessible for another year.

I don't intend to stop with only those puppets, though. I think I've found my next passion, now that children have grown up and moved away and I have a bit more time to play. I'm looking forward to exploring the world of wooden puppets and seeing how far I can go with it. 

As the subject line of this blog suggests, the end of the course is just the beginning of this adventure!



Comments