Blue Fairy

Between my workstation and the 2020 Hindsight project is another photo of a doll. Someone asked me why I hung photos with pictures of dolls that are larger than life. My response was that the room would look pretty bare without them, as the dolls themselves take up very little space.

I wanted the space to be full of colour to entice people to wander around and to spend time with the dolls. Seeing some of the dolls larger than life also gives you an idea of the detail I can get into when making them.

In addition, the dolls in the photos are no longer in my possession. They have found other homes.

Here's the blue fairy in her entirety. The photo in the exhibition is a close-up of her face.

 

 

 

Blue Fairy (2010)
This is one of the first dolls I made specifically for someone else. She was a quiet, serious girl, but very imaginative. I haven’t seen her in quite some time and wonder what she’s up to now?


Comments