The cycles continue

It was a restful but busy weekend this weekend. The last of the spruce roots were cleaned and the studio swept, planning for the next project began, a new book was started and the first of the annual Christmas socks begun.





This year's socks will be "Dobby socks" - a mix of leftover yarns from the previous years' knitted creations. Thus continues my plan to "use what I have" this year, and my recipients are usually delighted to own a pair of Dobby socks.

As well, I finally had a chance to sit and create the first conversation for my unicycle doll.Members of my Artist Connect group wrote their thoughts and words onto post-it notes in December. I sat with those post-it notes this afternoon and watched as their words formed the following conversation:  
Hi! How’s it going?
 Hi!
Where did you learn to ride a unicycle?
                Here, there, everywhere.
Is it hard?
                *Happily nods*
You are the epitome of the modern parent, single-handedly riding, drinking, texting, minding the baby, pushing the buggy. How can you do all those things at once? Is that even legal?  I can’t even brush my teeth and do something else.
                It’s all a matter of balance.
You must have an amazing sense of balance. Where are you going?
                On a journey with accessories, yet absolute acceptance and trust.
It looks as though you’ve had an accident. Or are they tattoos? Did you design your own? Are you OK?
                The world is full of disappointing experiences and situations.
What can you tell me about the way you and your child are moving through life?
                Are we moving, or simply here? Passing through?
It looks like you are having fun.
                I have chosen to make my own daily experiences and the experiences of my child interesting and joyful.
How did you decide this was a good thing to do? Is it safe? Do you care?
                Again, it is all a matter of balance. *the light turns green*
               Have a good one! *pedals off*
Where are you going?
Can I come?
*shakes head* A unicycle! Whoa!
Tomorrow it's back to work again. Time to put the computer away and find that book I started. There's just enough time to do a wee bit of reading before turning out the lights.


Comments