Jellies

Now that it is hung somewhere where I can get a decent photo of it, I can finally show you my jellies. This was done for my painting class, but we were encouraged to "think outside the box" and get creative. I decided to "paint" with fabric, and created a quilted wallhanging. The other challenge was to use the same image 25 times in our piece of art. Being somewhat masochistic, I decided to do a group of 3 jellyfish as my image (see my digital jellies for an explanation of where I saw the critters). In the end, I repeated the image more than 25 times, so there are over 75 individual jellyfish in this wallhanging. Since we also had to create the image using 25 different techniques, I have a variety of jellies -- stamped, felted, painted, drawn, inked, stencilled, quilted, thread-painted, crocheted (with wire), and more. It was an all-consuming project, but well-worth the effort. The final piece is approximately 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall.

Comments