Art History

In Art History, our final project once again can include the option of an art project to accompany a 4-5 page research paper. Being somewhat proactive, I received permission to begin my project over Christmas, and managed to finish off the last details yesterday (yes, both project and paper are DONE!). I just need to mount and frame the artwork.


For my project, I researched the molas of the Kuna Indians of Panama, and created a mola panel of my own that is a blend of Canadian imagery and Kuna techniques. I call it "Northern Dance".


The panel is 22" x 16", and, except for the background fabric piecing, is sewn entirely by hand. I enjoyed the process, but am really glad I started over Christmas! It took a while to complete. Mind you, it was very relaxing, and allowed for much thought and contemplation, especially as the snowflakes whirled and danced around our house.

Comments