Settling in

Tante found her spot in the living room. Isn't this a great family photo? Ezra's across the room, sitting on a pickle jug, and winking at the nice little old lady, wondering how he can get over there to meet her in person. Pippi is still downstairs, gabbing away with the characters in my studio. And the fish, you ask? Sitting (swimming?) in the back bedroom, keeping Peter company when he works from home. Not bad for a year's work.

I spent the last two weekends making Tante a rocking chair out of plywood and dowels. It was so much fun to get out the tole paints and do some traditional Bauernmalerei again. It's been years since I've done it.


Time to turn my attention to the next puppet. Three more to make until I've officially finished the requirements of the Academy of the Wooden Puppet.

 

Comments