Happy New Year!

2020 has come and gone and we are on to 2021. I shall call this year the year of puppets. Remember the puppet course I took in the fall? Well, Antje was finally finished just before Christmas and seems to be settling in well. 

The plan for this year is to make more wooden puppets. I signed up for a year-long course by the same fellow who taught me how to make Antje (the one above with blue hair). Bernd promises that we'll be making 9 puppets over 12 months - all in different styles. I'm looking forward to the year and all the learning that will come with it and hopefully some transferable skills that can be used with my cloth dolls, as well.

That class doesn't start until February, though, so I have the whole month of January to work on other projects, like the limberjill/jig doll(les gigeux) that Antje is holding. She was finished today and just needs some music to dance to now.

Other items on my wish-to-do-list for 2021? Well, to enjoy myself, not try to do too much, and to stop and smell the roses now and then.


Comments