Three at once

 Hello, hello! 

It's hard to believe that December is almost over. Only 3 days left for my artist residency at Omineca Arts Centre and only one more day in the studio scheduled (December 28, from 9am - noon). There are still so many pieces to show you, and I may not make it through all of them by the end of the month. (Just think, at the beginning of the year, I doubted having enough art pieces for a cohesive exhibition.)

Since time is short, I am presenting three pieces at once today:

From left to right are K's doll, Knit Therapy and Serendipity.

K's doll (2011) 20” x 28” (photo)

This doll is the sibling of the blue fairy doll and the summer cyclist. Three people from the same family and quite different in their interests and personalities. And so it should be – difference are what make life so incredibly interesting!


Knit Therapy (ongoing) Wool, found rocking chair.

Keeping my hands busy calms me, improves my mood, makes me more alert and gives me time to think. Knitting socks keeps me focused while waiting… or watching… or listening – at the doctor’s office, as a passenger, while waiting for people to arrive, watching TV, during virtual conferences, talking on the phone – anyplace where I need to be able to look up at the person or scenery and cannot sew, carve, or draw.  


Serendipity (2016) 40” x 41”. Fabric and thread; machine appliquéd and quilted.

As you walk the spiral path of learning, with each turn of the cycle building upon what came before it, don’t forget to reach for the three principles of serendip (insight, chance and discovery) and see where the learning takes you. You can see close-ups of Serendipity on my website.

Comments