Summer Cyclist

On the right-hand wall, as you walk into the Omineca Arts exhibition space, is a series of three photos of a doll I made a few years ago. I had fun with my camera and playing with the angles, to make this 10" doll look life-sized in a natural environment.

Here is one of the photos:

Ben's-doll-in-Whistler-02.jpg

Summer Cyclist  (2016)

20” x 28” and 28” x 20” (3 photos)

This doll commemorates a cycling trip with friends. I was the support crew, driving the Icefields Parkway between Jasper and Banff, while my husband, our youngest daughter and friends of ours pedaled the distance. It was a great trip and I enjoyed watching our friends’ son stop as often as I did to snap photos. The doll took a little ride in Whistler before going on to its new home on Vancouver Island. Incidentally, we were supposed to repeat our trip again this year. Like many other plans, this one had to be set aside for a future, hopefully Covid-free, date.

To see the other two, please visit my website.

 

Comments