Emergence

The Board Chair at Omineca Arts Centre beat me to it on Facebook with the reveal of this doll.She also took a great picture of Emergence.  I love it when others get excited about what I do AND when they see connections that weren't part of the original intentions when I create.

I didn't have a pandemic in mind when I created Emergence, but she is very applicable at this point in time. Stay safe, keep to your bubbles and when this is all over, we can go dance in the streets and hang out with whomever we choose.

 

Emergence (2010) 6.5” x 5.5” x 12”.  Mixed media soft sculpture.

When times are tough, we try to protect ourselves as best we can. Sometimes we climb inside a virtual jar and close the lid, waiting for the storm to pass. Sometimes, we construct walls around ourselves – walls to shelter behind when life’s vagaries take their course. When a person is able to emerge from behind the walls and need not rely on them anymore, life seems more pleasurable, less stressful.


Comments