December Artist Residency

 Happy December, Everyone! The year has just flown by.

I'm super excited to announce that I'll be the December Artist in Residence at the Omineca Arts Centre in Prince George, BC. This artist-run centre kindly offered me the space to work and to display my art for the entire month!

I'm not the only one who's excited, though. Look at who else is looking forward to the experience: 

It's my first residency and I'm really curious to see how it all comes together. This Friday, I'll spend the day setting up. My first official open studio hours will be on Saturday, December 5th, from 1 - 4pm. So far, we're still allowed to have visitors, so stop by and say hello, if you have some time. Covid-19 restrictions will apply (mask please) and the number of people allowed in the space at one time is limited, but never fear — I'll be spending at least 20 hours there over the course of the month. The schedule will be posted soon, but I'll be there (half-days) most Fridays, a few Saturdays and on the last Sunday and Monday, for sure.

What's my theme, you ask? The title of the residency, and the accompanying solo exhibition, is Life in Stitches. I'll be working on a 2020 Hindsight project, but will also have dolls, quilts and stitched drawings on display. 

Since so many of my friends and family won't be able to see the space in person, I'll do my best, over the next 28 days, to post a picture regularly to this site. I'll also post to my Instagram (@amlawrie) and to the Omineca FB page.

The next few days will be busy getting packed and ready, so for now, I'll simply say: Hope to see you soon!

Comments