2020 Hindsight update

Well, I had my last studio session at Omineca Arts Centre this morning. It was quiet, but that gave me 3 solid hours to work. I finished two more postcards today (one was started yesterday), and added them to the 2020 Hindsight display:

I've added seven to the original four I started the residency with - not bad, when you consider that it takes, on average, about 3 hours to make each card, depending on its complexity (and whether I'm doing it by machine or by hand).

The 2020 Hindsight project is definitely in its infancy and I look forward to continuing with it. I have a list of events that I'd like to portray and more were popping into my head today as I was sewing.

The next time I'm at Omineca this week will be for the de-install of the exhibition. I have three more days to post images, though, so keep tuning into my blog until the end of the year, at least!

Many thanks to the board and volunteers at Omineca as well as their partners, for creating these opportunities for artists and allowing me to take part. I'm all fired up to continue the 2020 Hindsight project and see how far I can take it.

Comments