What Story Will you Tell?

Last October or November, Two Rivers Gallery put out a call for submissions for a group exhibition entitled All for Water. Artists were invited to submit works that took a look at the "global availability of freshwater and the health of our freshwater systems".

All through November I thought and pondered the question. All through December, I did the same. In my head, I envisioned the cool clear streams and lakes we took our children to when they were young, and how some of them have gradually become unfit for swimming in. A Christmas card with a palindrome poem prompted more ideas, but it was still another month before I could picture in my head what I wanted to do. At that point, the deadline was only a few weeks away! There are times that I wish my creative thought processes flowed a bit faster!

I sewed and stitched and picked out stitches and sewed again. 



Then I drew and dyed the fabric, hoping that the Inktense blocks would do what I needed them to.




And then I sewed and stitched and picked some more...


...until the piece was ready for pictures and submitting.


I also had a bit of fun with a laser cutter to burn on the palindrome poem I created as part of the piece.



It is an interactive piece - something quite new for me, but worth doing, I think.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

PS: My submission was accepted 🙂

PPS March 20: The exhibition will take place in April, 2021, rather than April 2020. Slight delay, due to Covid-19.

Comments