Love Song

It's been a busy few months. In February, my "book doll" was exhibited at the Omineca Arts Centre in their Love Song exhibition. My wee little doll sat proudly among paintings and sculptures through the month with a book next to it that invited people to "join the conversation".



I finally had a chance this weekend to take a look at the snippets of conversation in the book and put them together to create this:


       Spell room! Love! Scrolls in a jar! Selling poop nuggets; 50% off! $10 for 2!

                     Hi, Purple Person. You are saying something [but what]?
                    You know you are sitting in a book, right?

       Between the pages of our lives we keep many treasures safe inside.

                    You have chocolate in your book.

       She thought she cared about me. I called, but she didn’t answer. Now what?

                    To live in the past is to be a puppet without strings.

       She loves me, she loves me not.

                    To live in the present is freedom and joy.

       I’ll wait for her forever…

                    You need to first become what you want your partner to be.

       …bearing my heart in silence.

                    Hey, Purple Guy, you should pick up your petals when no one is watching you.

As usual, it was a bit tricky to fit the disparate thoughts together (what would you have done with "poop nuggets"?). A different group would put forward an entirely different conversation, I'm sure. It was a fun exercise, though, and I look forward to the day when I can have a multitude of dolls having conversations with visitors. 

Comments