Time to learn something new

I love learning new things. These past two weekends may have started me on a new journey: spinning wool. A friend and fellow artist gifted me with two spinning wheels that she had inherited from her mother:

The one on the left appears to be a 1981 Ashford traditional. I'm not sure about the one on the right, but I believe it was refurbished in 1976.
 
I've had fun the past two weekends spinning up a bit of donated wool at the Prince George Fibre Arts Guild, with help and direction from a couple of the guild members. My first skein is a tad bumpy and uneven, but I love it anyway.


My husband is enjoying my requests for additional equipment, as it means he gets to use his lathe. This past week, he made me a nostepinne, for winding my wool into a centre-pull ball. Next up will hopefully be the niddy-noddy, so I can make skeins of freshly plied wool.



Comments