Jumping onto Instagram

At my last Artist Connect meeting on Thursday, I was encouraged to open and use an Instagram account to show and promote my artwork. I've been teaching my students about using Instagram as a marketing and sharing tool (apparently convincingly, according to a former student who is part of our group), but never took the plunge myself until now.  After all, the niggling thought is always - who will [want to] see my stuff? 

When I came back home, I saw the sign I had put on my fridge that says "Stop. Putting. It. Off". It is a flyer from Dulux Paints, but the message rang true to my procrastination tendencies, and is my mantra for this year, at least.

On Friday morning, I signed up for Instagram, posted my first picture and within 5 minutes had "likes" from 3 people in far-off places.  By the end of the day, there were a few more, from people I know and people I don't.



Now the learning curve begins - what to post, when to post, who to follow, what to like? 

Oh, and if you are looking for me, my handle is @amlawrie. Google analytics haven't picked me up yet, but give it a while.

Comments