Slowly but surely

I've been sewing in the mornings over the past month. It's been relaxing, taking that half hour before work and simply letting the fabric wander underneath the needle.


My mind wanders at the same time, and occasionally there are "whoopses". Nothing irreparable, though, even if I did have to dismantle part of the machine at one point, as the thread had wound itself around the bobbin casing. Of more immediate concern is keeping track of the time. I have found myself running to get to work on time more than once!


Today I reached a point where I needed to stop sewing on squares. I have an idea for finishing the edges of the quilt that will require me to turn under the quilt-top (rather than add a binding afterward) and for that I need to have not quilted through the layers! This morning and evening, my scissors and I were busy, cutting all the threads that had traveled from square to square.



I think the next step will be to "square up" the quilt edges, and then figure out exactly how to achieve the effect I am imagining. Once I am successful with that, I can finish the quilting. I'll wait until the weekend, though, so as to have an hour or two of uninterrupted time to figure it all out.

Comments