Feeling energized

It's been a while, but things are going well. In the last few weeks, I've been feeling quite energized and working more on my drawing, my violin and my French. I have a sketchbook I need to fill for the Regina Public library and am determined to do so, while at the same time doing drawing in books I'll be able to keep. Hopefully I can keep up the pace -- the trick, I find, is not to bring out anything else distracting, like books and computers when I want to get things accomplished!!!

I have often said that I need to make choices with my time -- reading or drawing, music playing or computer. My problem is that I would like to do it all and the days just don't seem to be long enough!!!

Just over two weeks ago, though, we took a short holiday and I was the pack horse carrying tents, food and stoves (in the car) while family and friends went biking from Jasper to Banff. I offered to do so, and everyone else gratefully accepted. My goal was to do lots of drawing and photography while the bicyclists huffed and puffed up the mountain roads. To my surprise, they biked faster than I expected and my drawing time was very limited -- I could have left most of my supplies at home!!!

Nevertheless, I had made a commitment to myself and did manage a drawing each day. In retrospect, I wish I'd brought a watercolour sketchbook, but made do with the bristol board one, which accepted the pen nicely, but made the colour additions a little tricky. Here they are, in no particular order:



Since returning home, I've endeavored to make a schedule for drawing, violining and French language acquisition. It's been tricky fitting that all in around work and the usual day-to-day activities, and I don't always succeed. However, I am doing more than I have done before and feel that I am becoming more confident in my abilities to "stick to it".

Here are some offerings from the past week:



I won't promise a regular posting anymore, since I haven't managed so far, but once the trio of language, drawing and music have settled into a good rhythm, I may just add another juggling ball into the air and work on posts outside of my Facebook posts.

Until the next post -- toodleoo!

Comments