Perseverance, patience and pushing through...

Not too much activity to report in the artistic area of my world... at least nothing concrete with tangible "show and tell" accomplishments.

I ran a workshop on Saturday, a 5-hour workshop. I wasn't sure if I had planned well enough to fill the 5 hours, so started off with some trepidation. People appeared to be having a good time, though, and the 5 hours flew by, ending just as people finished their projects. On Sunday, I revised my notes and plans to reflect what we actually did during the workshop, refined my materials and packed everything away for the next year.

Needless to say, I did not get much done from my personal to-do list that day! Or on Sunday, when I updated my notes and spent the rest of the day planning classes that are starting this week.

During the workshop on Saturday, conversations ranged widely, but the ones that stuck with me most were about accomplishing what we set out to do. Our end conclusions were "perseverance, patience and pushing through":

- perseverance -- "sticking to it", "continuing to try", and "beginning again"
- patience -- with the Self, when things don't go as planned
- pushing through -- even when progress is not noticeable, keep on "keeping on" and it (whatever "it" is) will get better.

So... message to self... Patience! You do need to plan those classes coming up, so of course the time to work on projects will be less for the next few days. Persevere! Don't give up when the first (or second or tenth) attempt is not up to your expectations. Push through! Even when you don't feel like it, show up and do the work!

Comments