Banners, Dolls, Twitter and more

It's been a bit of a hectic month and a half. I answered a call for submissions two months ago and was awarded the contract to design the Whistler Winter Street Banners for the 2012/13 seasons. My "vacation" in August consisted of a crash course (self-taught)in Adobe Illustrator software so my drawings could be reproduced by the printing company in the way I envisioned them. Although the final proofs still need to be made, the bulk of the work for me is over and the results will hopefully be hanging in the Village by the American Thanksgiving weekend.

That weekend also coincides with the Bizarre Bazaar, which I will be attending this year as a vendor. I am quite excited by the prospect -- both of being at the Bazaar to show my wares and reconnect with old friends, but also to see this set of winter banners in person. Now I just need to knuckle down and work hard at making the dolls and other products for that weekend. Somehow time always seems to slip away from me -- an old story, I know!

Today I attended a workshop at Two Rivers Gallery entitled Social Media for Artists facilitated by Brenda Johima. It was quite informative, if all too short, and I now have a Twitter account: @amlawrieart. Given my track record for regular updating of this blog, it remains to be seen how twittery I will actually be, but the audience is world wide!

Comments