March Project

Resolutions -- good to make, hard to keep, sometimes. I had resolved to create one finished piece per month for the 2012 year, and already I am a month behind! Rather than create excuses, let me present what I have been working on and hope to finish in the next couple of weeks.

Two weeks ago, I had the good fortune to attend a landscape painting workshop facilitated by Annerose Georgeson. She has been painting her most recent landscapes in a very loose style and refers to them as drawings, rather than as paintings. Her "Field Notes" were on display at Two Rivers Gallery for the last three months and were wonderful to see.

During the workshop, I painted diligently on one piece in the manner and style that I usually do and only really loosened up in the last half hour when I began two additional canvases (15 minutes each!!!). While I didn't even come close to finishing either of them, I did enjoy what I had done and resolved to finish both of them before the Rick Cepella workshop that is coming up on April 14 and 15. Looking at my current time constraints, I will be happy to finish only one in that time frame -- two would be a bonus.

Anyway, I haven't had time to work on either of them for the last two weeks, but set aside a bit of time yesterday to push the paint around. Take a a look at the progress from what I left the workshop with:





to what I added yesterday:





I have to say that I am quite excited by the direction this painting is going and am looking forward to a bit more playtime with it. It still has a ways to go and the trick will be to keep it loose! Wish me luck!

Comments