Back again

Time flies when you are having fun, resting, relaxing and catching up on projects! I spent the Fall working on a doll for a friend and a quilt for a daughter, both of which were fun, time-consuming and allowed me to take a good break from the demands of school, not to mention the self-imposed expectations of "getting on with it", now that I'm done with school (whatever "it" might be).





At Christmas, I was given a lovely nutcracker to paint by my son (who made it himself from blocks of wood), and that took most of January to do, as I was by then teaching classes again at the Gallery and putting in more hours in preparation for a turnover of employees. The painting went well, though, and was a nice break from the routine of work and chores. The nutcracker will be on display at home until after next Christmas, when it can be stored away with all the rest of our Christmas decorations:


Now that I have had my break, though, it is time to figure out the definition of "it" and "get on with it"!

Comments