Whistler Arts Council fundraiser

An artist I know in Whistler contacted me to see if I'd be interested in participating in a fundraiser for the Whistler Arts Council. The assignment? Produce a piece of art on an 8" x 8" stretched canvas. Since classes are over for now, and my studio has been put back together after having a ceiling installed (among other things), I said, "Sure!" Two Rivers Gallery in PG has a celebratory art exhibit on right now in honour of its 10th anniversary and all the artworks were completed in a 10" x 10" format. I was inspired by the piece submitted by Margaretha Bootsma, which uses a photo embedded into an acrylic painting. I tried my hand at that technique, using a "Whistler twist", and am quite pleased with the result.

I understand the fundraiser is on the 12th or 13th of September. Feel free to contact the Whistler Arts Council directly for more information: info@artswhistler.com.

Comments