Conversations with dolls

Well, I took my dolls to class this weekend and received more comments and responses, which I turned into conversations with my dolls. Let's see if I can upload them....

They’re all over me – second conversation
Hello!

I don’t want to engage with you
Don’t want to deal with your problems
Too much to deal with.

Misinterpreted and exhausted

Not my responsibility
– Get your life together
But don’t count on me to help you.

I just want to disappear for a while
Let it wash over me
And surface later.

Just do it –
No one is going to be able to do it for you.

Forced loneliness
Became what I was called
Wanting to be accepted.

Defeated by the labels imposed on you.

The thinker has been thunked
Way too tired to think any more
Embodying all negative labels.

Turn the other cheek!

Struggling…
Protective right arm shielding from emotions within and without
Left hand offering some protection and perhaps a little respite.

I’d say to this one:

Believe in yourself
Stand up and shake these [labels] off
Your hair is still vibrant
Blue-green symbolizes the ability to heal.





Depending on your point of view – 2nd conversation
Who is this?
How might I inform myself of this person?
Full-figured, she embodies it all
Negative and positive connotations
Which is “correct”?
What each sees, she becomes.
Something different to each person she meets.

Can’t see you clearly…
You know what?
You piss me off!
You are so letting others control you.
But that is the message!
Until we learn that,
The social labels will continue to fence/cage/imprison us.
The lens makes a difference.

I dance around her to see her.
Centered in the amphitheatre of life
Spinning self-pity pedestal!

There is nothing rational about the labels others put on us
Stand up!

There she sits,
holding out her hand in expectation and offering.


Sticks and Stones, Second Conversation

Nice to see you
You are my favourite.
You hold your head up high;
You are the writer and the erasure;
You are whole.

Who am I?

It doesn’t matter who you are
You are stuck with labels from the time you take your first breath
Enmeshed
Integrated
Acculturated.
Appearance/
Possessions
So very much tied to our gender.
Do not fret, as you get to decide
Which, if any, you respond to.

Detached… tattoos upon tattoos.

Can I trust you?
You don’t let me in
Difficult to read
Too difficult to figure out your words
And when I do, they make me nervous.
Why is it so difficult to get a handle on you?

But… but…but…

Youth/student
receiving strong support:
The ability to erase/rewrite your labels is hopeful.

Free!

Comments