"Sometime" blogger

A friend and I were talking on the phone tonight, discussing our lives and what we've been up to. She apparently is a regular visitor to this site and expressed her disappointment that I haven't been keeping up with my blog entries. She wondered what art I had been making and what's been happening in my classes. I guess I am not good at being a regular blogger (at least not at this point -- too busy "doing" to post).



I successfully completed the Embodiment course and am on to the course covering Drama and curriculum -- more specifically, we are looking at and learning about "performative inquiry". It has been an interesting course so far and very thought-provoking. I see more artwork arising from it. I have already completed one "art doll" on the subject of the labels we wear during our lives (more along the line of identity of Self, which is what the last piece concentrated on). There are a few more doll ideas bubbling around in my head, ready to be made into something tangible.



In the meantime, I leave you with a photo of last semester's art piece, reDefining herSelf, which has been accepted into the group exhibition "Drawn" at Two Rivers Gallery in Prince George. Opening night is on February 18, and the exhibit will run until the end of April.
The piece is a sewn drawing (48" x 27"), stretched over a wooden frame. All the figures are from grahpite or charcoal drawings I have made in the past few years.

Comments