Playing with Fabric Paints

Well, the summer heat seems to be over (for now), and it is actually pleasant to be outside. To celebrate, I pulled out the new Setacolor fabric paints I purchased a few months ago and splashed them around, using the ideas in the newest Quilting Arts magazine (www.quiltingartsllc.com -- August/September 2009) and Mickey Lawler's Skydyes book for inspiration. The girls and I made many, many colorful medallions yesterday, which will be further embellished with fabric pastels and quilting when the weather turns cool. Today, I tried out my colors and techniques on larger pieces that will be cut up to use in quilts at a later date. Now my white cotton fabric is all used up (but not the paint). Since we will soon be off on holidays for a few weeks, further experimentation will have to wait!

Comments