Arts Fest 2009

Well, it has been a busy few weeks since school let out. I submitted a few pieces to two different exhibitions and received word from one (Arts Fest 2009) that my submitted pieces have been accepted. I'm now keeping my fingers crossed for the second exhibition!

Arts Fest 2009 is an "exhibition and art practices symposium" for new and emerging artists, coordinated by the Central Interior Regional Arts Council (http://cirac.ca/Default.aspx). I submitted my walking painting, now titled "Who Has the Time?", and my drawing "Body Image -- She Thought Food was the Enemy". The event runs on the weekend of my convocation, so I will be unable to attend the opening and seminars, but my pieces will hang at Thompson River University (Williams Lake campus) until June 19. If anybody is passing through that area, you might want to stop and take a look.

Comments