Digital Self Portrait

The latest project in Digital Art was to create an expressive self portrait from a photo. Using Adobe Photoshop, we had to separate the photo into the 4 color channels (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black), and replicate what we saw in these channels onto 4 separate pieces of paper (well, OK, we traced what we saw -- but using expressive lines and scribbles). After scanning the resulting images into the computer, we recombined them to create one image -- a portrait of ourselves. With a bit of Photoshop magic, the background came together (still don't know quite exactly what I did!), and voila:

I have to say that I really do like this self portrait. I rushed right out and found a mat and frame to fit it, too! And to think I made it all with words! Only the blue shadows on the face are actually scribbles; the red, yellow and black are words.

Comments