Last items from the Fall semester

Well, Christmas has come and gone, and I was too busy to post the final pictures from my First Nations Art and Design class. With the new semester up and running, and the assignments coming at us at a fast and furious pace, I thought I'd better finish posting last semester's work before starting on this semester's work! Our last module in First Nations Art and Design was basket weaving (yes, I actually managed to take a "Basket Weaving 101 course" in my post-secondary education). We wove two baskets. The first one was a straight-forward cedar bark basket, measuring roughly 5"x5"x4":
The second basket (also woven from cedar bark) was much smaller, as seen in the lower picture. It is a called a potlach basket -- given as gifts at potlaches.


Comments

Promdi Pinoy said…
Verny nice blog! Cool!